Thursday, June 19, 2008

Royals Game / Amana Colonies

Wyatt's first MLB Game! Grandma Terri got him a Royals outfit to wear for the occasion. I want to be clear, my Mom WON these tickets at a conference - we did not pay for them. And she only entered because Derek likes the Royals, my Mom and I are died-in-the-wool STL Cardinals fans (which Derek would classify as annoying.) :)

My Mom was great and played with Wyatt during most of the game.
What a great Dad!
Derek and I went to Iowa with his Sister Keri and brother-in-law Jon. They had planned this trip way before the flooding started and we were not calling it off. Derek is big on "road-side attractions". His trusty atlas showed that we were traveling through Madison Co., home of the covered bridges. So we found a town, followed their signs to one of these infamous bridges. It was pretty neat and there was even a little gift shop by this bridge. Supposedly this is bridge is also haunted, wooooooo!
Our main destination were the Amana Colonies in Iowa. We stayed at a bed and breakfast and had a great time! I found a supplier of awesome Dandelion Blossom wine. The direct routes around the colonies was flooded, but the detour was pretty short. Here is a picture from the front of the Brewery in Amana, the Iowa River has flooded all the way up to the edge of town.

No comments: